Monday, April 09, 2007

irony or karma?

So I'm eating salad for lunch. Chinese chicken salad. I have too many bananas. How lucky for me. I'd better eat them soon before they turn brown and shrivel. And I think my apples are going to taste mealy soon. That should be enough fuel for penis jokes, so when you finish patting yourself on the back for having an I.Q. of 68, read the next paragraph.

After dailies, standing at the top of the stairs discussing unrelated importance of something or other, she walks by. Replete with black nail polish and a little left over eyeliner. From a pirate party she says. Excellent. Pirates are second only to robots. And robots are second only to monkeys. And monkeys are second only to bacon. As tasty as it is, monkey bacon just isn't the same as pig bacon. And robot bacon hurts my teeth. And pirate bacon will send you right back to the first paragraph, with the addition of a pole-boy* reference.

So she passes by us, interupting our conversation with her pirate left overs, and walking down the stairs she says how, with all the black, she's feeling like an angsty high school kid today.

I suggested listening to some Depeche Mode.

Like bittersweet justice, or a moment of sad emotional nakedness, I find myself, without realizing it at first, listening to Depeche Mode while eating my salad and writing this blog.

Sigh.




___________________
* pole-boy. Apparently this is a young man, kept aboard a sailing vessel in times of old, who was, while not in 'service', was seated on a pole, as a means of loosening up the exit ramp of his interstate where food is transported from the docks to the local convenience store, so as to facilite the reversal of the flow of traffic. If you catch my meaning. I guess 1800's sea going ships didn't really have a lot of chicks aboard. Too bad for the pole boy. I was unable to locate a substantial reference for this on the internet, and since the internet is the repository of all Truth, I suspect I have been shined on, regardless of the numerous times I've heard the phrase used. If you like the phrase, it is public domain, and fit for use in your personal communications, should you need to drive home your point.

No comments: