Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sticks, with twigs

I realized that I don't categorize my blogs. How can I? I only have like 7. I can't say that I have exactly 7, it could be 8 or 6. I could type out those numbers, which is correct grammar I think. But none of that matters.

What does matter, is that you've read this far, and will soon be rewarded with knowledge and power. For you see, sometimes, something that is important can be right in front you, perhaps, not simply there, but actually handed right to you, placed in your hand, by some benevolent force, or some other run-on sentence.

It can be innately important, or it can simply represent something else, which carries some kind of value. To you, or to your group, maybe to someone else, through you, or maybe carried to them inside your pocket, if it is a tangible thing.

But what is truly amazing is the human ability of self-deception. Yes, self-deception, your old friend. This tangible, or non-tangible item, placed in your hand, metaphorically or metaphysically, can be, with many commas, and little effort on the part of the recipient of such an item, ignored. Looked over as if it wasn't even there, never mind it may not actually be there unless it is materially manifest in nature. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is a redundant way to describe it's nature.

The real question is 'why?' Why do you do it? Why do you overlook, sometimes willingly this thing placed before you? It is important. You need it. It has been delivered to you in your moment of need. At the very time, when nothing else can help you, possibly save you, from something, you act as though it isn't even there. Is this a conscious decision? A willful ploy to increase one's own difficulty? Some terrible blog with question after question pondering some kind of existential nonsensical self aware trivia? Who knows? Do you?

Be aware, for this happens to all of us more than you know, probably more than even I know. But the universe is trying to help. When it's not trying to harm.

No comments: