Monday, July 17, 2006

Nighttime is scary, I guess....

Well, this one surprised me. Last night I had a nightmare. I real live childhood-like nightmare, complete with a monster. I know what you're thinking... "Oh FFS! here he goes again with some long winded explanation of a bizarre dream that nobody is going to understand, because nobody EVER understands somebody else's dreams." Yeah that's pretty much the case except this one will be slightly shorter than the last one.

Basically I'm on the edge of a wood at night. There seems to be some sort of dwellings around, they are typically small, and a little run down. The only people that I can see are family members. There were a few others but their faces I could not make out. So there I am, I don't know what I was doing, but it matters little since an uncle of mine came running like mad out of the woods followed immediately by the monster. So I did what any self respecting family member would do. I ran away. I ran into the dwelling behind me and grabbed a shotgun. I think the monster gored that uncle, not really sure. Something happened there, but he was still alive. The monster was looking for the rest of us, but apparently didn't understand the idea of a house and that people go inside houses and they might be found inside a house, because he sort of looked around and ran back into the woods. Really quick here I'll explain what the monster looked like. He was about 8 feet tall and looked like a wolf that had gone insane, and walked upright like a man, but still had wolf legs. Very creepy although you have no sense of it, because you weren't there. At any rate, we came out of the small houses (the one I was in was basically a 5 by 5 foot room, very strange) and acted cautious. The other person that was there grabbed up my injured uncle, put him in a wheel barrow and headed into the forest after the monster. I stayed behind at first but figured I would follow him in a second... I was the one with the gun after all, but this monster seemed like he was going to be tough to gun down, even with a 12 gauge... and then I woke up.

It was three in the morning and I sat there for a minute, uncomfortable. I live alone and it was the first time in my adult life I ever felt like I wanted to hide under my sheets. After a few seconds that struck me as silly and I fell back asleep. Plus I had that thing where it feels like your eyelids are sticking shut....

No comments: