Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wait to be seated.

That's what the sign says as I walk into the little French cafe. It's a nice enough place, for sure. Pleasant to look upon, the food is quite delicious, even if they are fudging a bit on the 'French' part. But they certainly aren't fudging on that sign. Nope. Wait to be seated. And wait. And wait. I did not count the time. Usually when I think to pay attention to the time, I'd have such an inaccurate account of it's passage that there isn't really any point. But eventually the girl comes over and leads me to a seat. The service is fine, and again the food is good. I got over the wait pretty quick.

I went back the next morning for breakfast (it was near my hotel and I wanted the pancakes, they looked tasty) and I walked in and waited to be seated. And waited. And waited.

They're nothing if not consistent.

No comments: