Thursday, January 11, 2007

Song of the Day, Jan. 11th

Alright, so since this is the second one these I guess I should explain. Everyone gets a song stuck in their head from time to time, right? I have this thing where it is in my head long before I wake up, and it's there playing over and over again when I wake up, and there seems to be nothing I can do to shut it out. It'll then slowly fade over the course of the day. Often the song is something utterly surprising, like Journey in the previous post (I don't own or listen to Journey, but my folks did when I was a child.).

So this is something that I've just sort of become fascinated with, and like journaling your dreams, I'm writing down my headsongs. On more of a lark really, not that I 'care' that much, just out of curiosity.

Today's song isn't so strange, it's from an album I own, and enjoy listening to frequently, Coltsfoot Leaf, from MF Doom's Special Herbs and Spices Vol. 1.

If you like *good* beats and mixes, check it out. If you listen to Hip Hop cancer (Chuck D's words which struck a chord with me, not that I'm cool or hip to the black man's plight and the origins of spoken word set to beats, I just listen and try to understand...) on the radio, well, maybe this will expand your candy-rotted mind. Of course with any popular music there are some stand outs, but coming from the Public Enemy, NWA era (I'm old), most of what I hear sounds like record label fluff.

Not to be judgmental or anything, this is all just my opinion, no disrespect meant towards all ya'll's personal tastes and whatnot... just trying to help out over here...

No comments: