Thursday, November 16, 2006

4th down

It's 4th down, and I'm not kicking. I never bought that strategy.

Kicking on 4th just says, 'yeah, we suck, we f'd up, here's the ball, we quit'

I don't care what you may think of that. I understand the strategy of containing the enemy, limiting his gains and all that, but you don't win if you don't gamble. And I'm just one of those unfortunate souls who refuses to give in way past the point of any common sense and cleverness, who refuses to let control go out of his hands. I guess that's right what it comes down to.

So, yes, I am a stubborn dumbass, and have been bitten by my strategy of not kicking on 4th when anyone half as smart as me would.

In fact more times than not I have had my teeth kicked because of my view on this.

And I can't stand admitting it, but life has been teaching me to kick on 4th.

I hate it.

It feels like bending my elbows backwards.

The end zone is conviction and nothing is standing my way, even if I end up mulched against an iron wall... which is the case, more often than not.

It's an ugly truth.

No comments: