Friday, November 17, 2006

bubbles

When a bubble forms, it pushes everything around it out and away from the center. Inside there is a place that is untouched by what is beyond the bubble. Often times, with most bubbles it's just air inside. And the bubble's surface tension holds it together until whatever stuff the surface is made of collects in one area more than another across it's surface, then the bubble bursts as air slips between the molecules.

Now, while it is a generally accepted notion that people suffocate when their oxygen runs out, this is actually not true. What happens when trapped in a space, like a bubble let's say, where there is no means of ventilation, the body expels high concentrations of carbon dioxide, and will die of carbon dioxide poisoning as opposed to asphyxiating. Asphyxiation is the deprivation of oxygen altogether, which typically occurs when no air can be taken into the lungs whatsoever.

My horoscope today told me I'm not satisfied with the way things appear on the surface, that I have a deeper vision of what love should be, and I want to 'manifest' it in my life. If I fail to achieve this, I may slip into fantasies to make it appear real in my imagination.

Great.

I suppose the case can be made that a bubble bursting may actually save your life...

No comments: